It seems like just a moment ago, I was 20 and had no direction. Whatsoever.
I shouldn't be, but I am...amazed by the change 10 years can bring.
My direction is solid and I'm more than content. I'm peaceful on my path and it just feels right.
Strangely, though, the me in my minds eye is still a little girl of about eight years old. A little girl with the mind and heart of a 30 year old woman. I know I am and I go through the motions, but I'm not sure if I will ever feel like a grown, responsible woman.
So, what do I want for this next decade? In no particular order...
- Gain financial independence.
- Learn Latin.
- Learn German.
- Learn Latvian well enough to calm the panic in my heart over losing my heritage.
- Feel good about myself (get my thyroid medication optimized, get healthy, and get skinny).
- Buy land, build a house, a barn, and buy horses (Friesians), chickens, and bees.
- Build on our family ties - bring us closer and closer.
- Bring the boys all the way through high school, successfully home schooling.
I think that's it. I know that whether I meet these goals, I sure will have a good time trying.